Thursday, January 10, 2013

Injury already?

Hopefully it isn't true, but I have a had feeling that I may have a bad and sudden flair up for Planter Fasciitis...which is so not a good thing. The planter fasciitia is the tendons that run from the ball of your foot, through the arch and up to your heel. It is uncommon in high arched people, which is why I am freaking out because I have a ridiculous arch hence my supination when I run, but my mom was diagnosed a few years ago and I have had several small flare ups. Seeing as we are over weight, that probably has a lot to do with it.  I am hoping I don't need to run to the Dr.

It started after I finished my 4th interval run, I hoped to the sides of the tredmil to lower the speed and when I went to walk I could feel the sharp pain up my arch right away. I gave it a second to see if it was just a tweak or something but it didn't give. Then I stopped, pulled my shoe off and gave my arch a little rub down, then tried lowered the mill from my 5% incline to a 1% incline, nope still painful, oh crap getting more painful so I called it a day. I was so mad I wasn't even going to run today! I actually had to talk myself into running today! I was just going to walk. I was so exhausted, but after walking my warm up mile it was easy to just bump up the speed and start running my intervals. Anyway, got off with a limp and finished my 60 min cardio stint on a bike. Haven't been on a bike in a long time. I could feel it working different muscles which was nice, but wow the calorie burn is kind of a disappointment, only 100 calories for 20 minutes and I was pushing pretty hard at a 5 resistance. My foot still hurt when I left the gym and I was def limping. By the time I got home it was better, and now it isn't bothering me at all. I've been icing and plan to do so a few more times today. My plan for the rest of the week/weekend is to take it easy...no more running this week regardless just to be sure. I am going to elliptical as long as it doesn't hurt and ride a bike. Hopeful my new shoes come in soon and i can get them broke in this week as well. Then I plan to "hopefully" be able to ease back into running after a few days off =/ hopefully not a few weeks off. If it is still bothering me next week to the DR I will go.

Ugh talk about frustration!

Making mental notes of food choices I need to change for next week. Drinking plenty of water. I have the cup a coffee that is left in the pot from my husband in the morning and that is all. I have joined the gym last Thursday! Have worked out everyday since and glad for that. Hoping the weather is good in Alabama next weekend when I am down for my sisters baby shower so I can walk and do some outside stuff. 8 days closer to that 21 day habit mark! Same with soda!!!

~Till Later

2 comments:

  1. My husband has that and he tells me his foot gets really sore. The doctor gave him some exercises to do, which I am sure would help if he would just do them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on working out everyday. I get those pains too in my foot. I had no idea what they were. Thank you I am going to do more research on it now.

    ReplyDelete