Saturday, January 5, 2013

3 Days down...18 and many many more to go

They say it takes 21 days to start a new routine. Well I am officially 3 days closer to hitting that magic number with going to the gym. Although I must say, this time "re-starting" hasn't been as hard. I think a good part of me is just so upset with myself that I am here AGAIN!  I was really getting happy with myself, and I felt beautiful again. I am just disappointed with me. So maybe I have found my mojo and that is what is making it easier to get there.
Yes, I have a great "excuse" we moved 890 miles away, I am hitting crunch time to the finish of my 2nd semester of grad school, my husband was pretty much MIA the last 5 months with processing out of the Navy and moving 6 weeks before the rest of the family to start a new job, which in turns means I handled all of the move. Which if anyone has ever handled a move by themselves you get it.
But to me all that really is, is an excuse. I still could have said no to the pizza, pasta, and bread, and really for as much as I procrastinate (i.e. this blog) I could have gone to the gym. But never the less here I am again, and the only thing to do about it is get my butt back in gear.
I finally accepted that I needed to change my fit pal to reflect ALL of the weight I have gained back. At one time that number was a 35 =/ and my scale read 199. When I got back on the wagon 2 days ago it was 225, 9 lbs shy of where I was 2 yrs ago when I set out to start losing  and only 2 lbs less then when I started this blog. But here we go.
Enough of my pitty party. I have weighed in at 223 the last two days after hitting the gym so yay! I officially gave up Diet Dr. Pepper Friday. I did suffer from a pretty bad headache last evening, and I did cheat a smidge and have a sip of the hubbies Cherry Coke zero. But when I say smidge, I mean it. I am allowing myself coffee on Saturday and Sunday only. So basically I am going caffeine free all week as well as no wine. The wine hasn't really bothered me yet. Maybe that is because by the time it would be nice to have a glass, since there isn't any in the house and we now live in a dry county (who even knew those still existed?) I kind of get over it because no one is going to drive 20 min to get some.
Calorie intake is going ok, it could be better, but I am tracking it so that is a def plus and is helping me stay at least aware of my choices. The gym is going good. I need to get some new shoes before I end up with shin splints and I probably should go ahead and start icing down when I get home from the gym so I will get on that next week. Running is going surprisingly well! I have been running at an incline on the mill, which is new for me all together. But it really boosts the calorie burn, and I need to kick this losing business off and fast! I hit an elliptical tonight, which I never really care for becasue I don't sweat nearly as much as normal. And yes if I am going to the gym, I like to leave and feel like I killed it and to me sweat tells me how hard I worked. I only did 30 on the elliptical  was going to do the weight circuit but just didn't feel like I had done enough cardio so I hit the track. This gym has a track which is kind of cool, except the track is pretty small IMO. If you run in the middle lane you have to do 19 laps for a mile! Which that is just too many, seriously you would get dizzy. But I think for short runs it works ok. I decided I would do a 3/2 interval (run for 3, walk for 2) for 15 minutes. It wasn't too bad. Towards the end I was DYING and ready for it to be over, but I also realized that I was pacing out at a 11.5 min mile so I kept it up. I was pretty excited about that. I don't think I could have kept that pace going for much longer, but considering I haven't done any running since September, I am glad that it seems to be coming back faster then I would have thought. Hopefully endurance will pick up in the next few weeks too.

Well I gotta go. I have a TON of school work to do.
~Till Later.

4 comments:

  1. i did the exact same thing cuz of stress i gained 40 of my 65 back .....its hard to start over but once u do your body begins to change again and you get really proud of yourself .....i say it took a good motnh to get back on track after months off
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way....I'm looking at this and I want to scream because I've already done this! But no looking back. We are looking forward and you are doing GREAT...you are well on your way to turn this ship around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower! Great job for starting up again. It seems like you have made a lot of great steps. I used to be addicted to diet coke and gave it up a few weeks ago. I haven't looked back. When water gets boring I like to add a crytal light packet for some flavor. Good luck on your weight loss journey and I look forward to reading mroe form you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I am so with you. I gained back over 23 pounds since this time last year. Disappointed to say the least. This is the year, we can do this!

    ReplyDelete