Thursday, August 25, 2011

Proverbial Wall

Ugh don't even want to talk about weight! I am super annoyed! It is like I gained 4 lbs overnight, how does that even happen? I am going to stay off the scale the next few days and see if it gets any better. Finger crossed because I am just angry now!

The Wall

I have been attending the gym on and off for close to 3 years. I would say more on then off, in fact I would go as far as to say that I have not gone longer then 2 weeks without going to the gym at least once. That being said it has been 2 years since I have been in a good workout routine. When I started this blog the end of June I have been very consistent. In fact most of this summer I was pretty consistent. Now that school is back in session and there is no reason for me to not be at the gym at least Mon-Thursday that is my for sure workout schedule. I am trying to make it on Friday's as well to meet up with a friend and i know there is no way I will make it on the weekends. I am just too spent from the week and my kids have activities going on and if I don't go in the morning, that pretty much means I am not going.

Ok back to the subject here...THE WALL!!! Ugh it was a struggle this week. All week to workout. I only did the elliptical all week which I know is still a really good workout, I was still burning between750 and 900 calories a workout, again good. However, each day I am battling with myself the whole time. Today was the worst! I didn't want to go to the gym to begin with. Then once there I argued with myself the whole time I was on the machine. 1st I left my speech book at home so I had decided I would just do a quick workout and go home so I could so some studying since I forgot the book. But i wanted to hit a 5k before a certain time, I didn't do it so then I argued over getting off the machine with myself at a certain calorie count, then I was so close to a certain time I decided to stay on till I reached the time limit, then I decided within that time limit I needed to have burned a certain amount of calories. I failed each goal and once I hit the 10 min left mark I figured well I only have 10 min left might as well do my full hour and 5 mile workout. So I did.

I hit that wall everyday. The wall of I just don't want to do this anymore. i can think of a million things I need to be doing other then being at the gym. The truth is I wouldn't be doing them though if I wasn't at the gym. I would be procrastinating doing something else. I don't know if that wall will ever go away, or if I will have to fight with myself everyday I go to the gym. I guess if you want it you have to fight for it. I know I feel guilty days I don't go to the gym and at least get my hour in. I have been feeling guilty not getting my hour in a half in. I am ready to get back to running and building that back up because I know that i will see more change when I can run again, but my foot is still hurting. As much as I am looking forward to the half marathon next weekend, I am kind of hoping Irene makes then put the race off to a different weekend =/.  But I don't want the storm to hurt anyone, so I don't want it to sound like that. Just maybe that there is some trees down on the roads that they don't have time to move or something.

Well, that blog was random and all over the place. But I have no doubts I am far from alone. I am thinking about trying to add in a 2nd workout a day (I know with what free time I am not sure). But the Jillian Michal's 30 day shred is a quick workout that really does get results and i could add it in easy as it is only 27 minutes. I also need to add weights back in to my workout soon, I'm just not a fan of the machines at the Y we are members of now but I guess I will do that as soon as the half marathon is over. I need to focus on building up to 2 hour workouts a day or as close to as I can get and maybe a 2nd workout. When you have 80 lbs to loss you have to get serious.



This was long! Deep breath, I am back on track as of now. I will not worry about the fact that I burned most of my weekly points the last 2 days. I will stay on points the rest of the week. I will plan out better what I will eat, and I will avoid the "quick" bit of this and that.  Fingers crossed for a loss next week!

~Till Later

4 comments:

  1. Oh I so hear you about mind games when working out, I can bribe myself that if anyone knew what was going on in my head they would offer to get me help - seriously! And its always funning when I don't have time to workout I always feel I want to but give me a full day of nothing and I still can't get around to doing a workout. Most my exercise I actually enjoy doing, its running I hate at the moment and it effecting my ability to do any other workouts because I feel guilty about doing them and not the running ..... confused, yes, yes I am :-(
    Anyways I hope this helps even if just from a sympathetic point of view, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are struggling with workouts. That is how I felt all summer...I would push myself to get in a certain time or activity...but I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I should. I honestly think I was burnt out with running.
    I decided to give myself a break...and switch out my workouts. Now I am doing Zumba a couple of days a week, Spin at least once, and then throwing in some weights or elliptical. I have given myself a pass on running. I know I need to start back up if I plan to run fall races, but my hubby pointed out that I can choose my workouts...and if I am having fun with Zumba...then maybe it is time to put running on the backburner a little longer.
    Long story short...change it up a bit...find something new that can get you excited again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beginning to think that variety is the spice of my life. I love any exercise/food/man well..errr you know what I mean :D for about 2-3 months then I have to switch it up.

    Boredom Kills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! I am with you on the exercise, but for me, once I get to the gym, I am fine and never once have I ever said "that was a waste of time" when I finish!

    I do like working out twice a day - but at my age (43) I can only do that a couple times a week - but getting in Jillian is a great idea. I hate level 2 of that dvd, but love level 1 and 3. :D

    I have a lot of WW recipes on my blog - and

    ReplyDelete