Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Low Carb Philosophy

Weight: 220 pretty sure I will see it all over the place this week so we shall see, but I knew it would drop due to the wrong timing.
Exercise: Not quit my 11 minute mile again today. I was on a different elliptical again, but I was pretty proud of myself. I stuck it out and did my full work out. 6 miles on the elliptical. Took 1:13:00 so 12.16 min miles. Then I wrapped up with a mile run at 11:34 on the treadmill. My legs were feeling good. A few twinges when I got going but they settled down quick. I hit a block at 4.5 on the elliptical but I made myself push through.  It was a 7 mile kind of day.

I know I mentioned when I first started this blog that I low carb. I have been eating a little of this and a little of that so I have not been seeing the results I know I should see. Hence why there are some BIG changes coming my way and soon! Like yesterday =)! Anyway, I use the basics of low carb. However, I don't eat steak and bacon all the time. I also allow myself to eat and as much as I want to when it comes to green veggies. That whole 2 cup of green veggies is for the birds! If I am dying for some fruit I allow myself to have green apples. For the most part I focus on lean meats and green veggies which really if you think about it is what most diets put you on I just don't allow myself any pasta, bread, or sweets. With some of the changes I have in mind that I will be doing soon this diet plan may change. I am obviously not seeing results, but I also am not staying true to myself. I am still allowing myself a glass of wine, a beer, diet soda, and will have a bite of this or that...so needless to say it is time to get real about this! I have been doing great with getting my exercise on, but it is time to get the food on track.

So I will continue on with the Low Carb plan till after the Half Marathon September 4th. If I am still not showing any results then I am thinking I may look into Weight Watchers and start tracking points. It just depends though. Part of me is like if I am going to spend the money I should just get on the physicians plan again. I know it works, I know I can follow it, and really if WW is $10 a week it would only cost me around $30 a month more. I guess time will tell and we will have to wait and see.

~Till Later

No comments:

Post a Comment