Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Kitchen Gadget, and confessions =/

I will start with Confession. Last night I went to Carhabas for a friends birthday.  We'll start by stating it was the 1st time in probably 2 years that I have gone to dinner w/o a child or my husband and just sat around with a group of woman that I had anything in common with. Needless to say I pretty much put WW and my no alchol goals and pretended they didn't exist. I had a small serving of calamari, the Bryan Chicken (I did order the small) which has goat cheese on it (AMAZING) and the garlic mashed potatoes. I should have opted for veggies, but oh well. I also had a Cesar side salad (that was pretty pathetic and if it had dressing on it I couldn't find it so that was a positive). But I also split a pitcher of Blackberry Sangria with the birthday girl and had one of the mini desserts. So I am pretty much saying that last nights dinner was ALL of my weekly points allowance of 35 and any activity I earn. So I will be sticking 100% to my daily allowance of 35.

Ok, new Kitchen gadgets.

I call it new, but it is actually really old. LOL I got it when my husband and I got married 6 years ago as a wedding gift and have never used it. Till Tuesday and my husband, kids, and I are all obsessed with it! It is the Magic Bullet. Oh and it is so wonderful for WW! I have been making my own frozen coffee's in the am. I have been making my own ice coffee for years. But frozen just steps it up a notch lol. It is a whopping 2 points beverage! And probably cost me around $.25 compared to a Tall Frozen Latte at Starbucks with 5 points and a $5 price tag. I have also been making fruit smoothies for 0-1 point! If I use ice and no milk they are 0 points! I through in some frozen strawberries and peaches (unsweetened of course) half a fresh banana, 1/4 cup of Fat Free milk, 1-2 ice cubes and 3 minutes later OM so good =) I am thinking about getting some protein supplements or something to put in with it so that is will be more filling and still be low in points. I don't want to over due the fruit.
We also got a toaster oven. For some this will probably be a less then monumental kitchen gadget but for us I am still wondering why we took 2 years to get one!  When we moved we had not sold out house and moved into a impossible small rental house and added another child to the mix. We planned to move after a year and then just decided why would we do that. It is too much work to move. LOL Ok back to the point. The kitchen in this house is seriously a joke. I have lived in a studio apartment that had more of a kitchen then this place does. Needless to say the oven heats up the whole house, or at least the whole front of the house. SO I finally caved and bought a toaster oven. A small one =) as we have no counter space. So $20 later we have been pretty much cooking anything and everything we can in it as well .

Ok random post but just wanted to share.

Till Later~

2 comments:

  1. A nights out w/o hubby and/or kids is totally awesome and worth the 35 points. I am enjoying new kicthen gadgets. I just have to get better at using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, a night out with the girls is TOTALLY worth 35 point :-)

    ReplyDelete