Thursday, September 8, 2011

Frustrated

Not seeing much for results on WW. Granted I completed a half marathon Sunday (official time 3:08:21) and ate pretty bad after because I was so hungry. It is also not the best time of the month for weigh ins, so I am weighing in at 220. Ugh. But I guess it could be worse. I could be back to 234 from march. I don't know. I was so disappointed tonight when I logged into the half marathon to see if there were any good pictures of me. I had a TON of pictures. Way more then my friend Amy. Too bad in most of them my shirt is ridding up (mistake of allowing a thin friends to pick you out a shirt to run in and she thought it looked big =/) or I just look HUMONGOUS! Pictures don't lie though. My friend is telling me, you don't really look like that. But I do.

I am picky with pictures. I post TONS to FB, but I am strategic in how I pose, I always put on lipstick to draw the eye to my face, position my kids to cover me, you know the works! So although I tend to look ok, when you get a full body view, and heck a full body view of yourself in spandex...eek!

I have got to do this! I have got to stop the snacking got to kick it in gear got to got to got to!!!!

Deep breath.

All I can do is get more focused. I am pretty sure I injured the same shin splint on my right leg so I am going to take a long break from running. The fact of the matter is I have just got to lose some weight. My body is just not taking it well. I am going to kick working out up a notch. Keeping my 1:30 workouts are my plan, and then add some leg lifts, sit ups, push ups, and all that jazz at home when the kids are awake. Not quite ready to add the 2nd workout to my day till mid October when I am back to taking one class in a 4 week period vs 2 over 8. It really is amazing how different that is. I need to add weights back to my routine, but I dislike the weight room at this gym. I guess I just need to face the music. When I lost so much weight 2 years ago, I only did 30 minutes of cardio and about 15 minutes of weights and it was falling off. Now I am doing at least on hour of cardio and I am at a snail pace.

I know I didn't gain it over night, but you can't help but want to loss it overnight. I really was going to skip the gym because I have so much to do tomorrow! But I am not. I am hitting the gym. Busy or not there are no excuses to miss the gym because you are busy. There are too many days I know I will have to miss due to kids apts or different things that I can not control. So to the gym I go!

I'm going to try to add some of the pictures from Sunday. I am going to add the real ones =) not the ones that I added to FB where I chopped my bottom half off lol. I know I am not alone in that here =)

Till Later




2 comments:

  1. I think you look GREAT in those pics!!! YOU JUST FINISHED A HALF!!!! And I LOVE the hounds tooth head band...I'm from Bama and we LOVE the hounds tooth LOL!!!

    Question: How did you get to the half marathon level? How did you start adding mileage? I have ran a few 5ks (slowly)...but I want more. Tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just did a fantastic thing running a half marathon you are fantastic - don't forget that!
    Have you thought that maybe you are not loosing weight as rapidly because you are "underfeeding"?? It can happen and your body may be hanging on to everything you feed it rather than using it and burning as fuel for all your exercise.

    ReplyDelete