Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Illusive 222

Never in my life did I think I would be hoping that 222 would come up on the scale. I mean NEVER! I spent my whole childhood. Thin, I mean really thin. I didn't start to really gain weight till I was in high school and even then I graduated wearing a size 6/8 and having a very nice athletic build. Of course I thought I was fat. But in reality I was fit! I left for college and of course gained the freshman 15. But for me it was more of the freshman 50. But Christmas of my freshman year I weighed in at 190 lbs.  That is a long cry from the 145 I left home weighing. My boyfriend at the time was still in high school so I went to a Christmas formal with him over break. Those pictures are what pushed me over the edge. When I returned to school I started Atkins and was back working out. I was too embarrassed to work at the college rec center so I would walk/jog from my dorm to the rec center, weigh in, and walk/run back. It was about a 4 mile trip and worked. When I came home in March my sister was in cotillion and I had told my boyfriend I was going to where the same dress I wore to Christmas formal. When he arrived to take me he said there was no way in hell that was the same dress. But it was, I just looked way better in it. I had lost 60lbs and was looking pretty good. I kept that weight off for the rest of the freshman year and into my sophomore year when that same boyfriend and i broke up I dropped another 20 almost overnight. He had broken things off 2 weeks prior to his fraternity formal which I had already bought a dress and made him take me anyway! LOL! I had a blast whether we were dating or not, and weighing in at 140 lbs I looks amazing in it. About a year later I started dating one of the worst people on the planet. I even managed to drop another 10 lbs and stayed at about 130 for all of my junior and most of my senior years. When I got out I creeped up a little but still stayed around 150-160 an was healthy.  But between working 2 jobs and having a life as a young 20 something working out did not happen
Needless to say 222 was never some where I thought I would be one day. These past few weeks I have seen it flash up, but it would never last, I would weigh in an hour later that same day and be 226 or 224. It just keeps flashing up over and over again! I just want it to stay then I want to BREAK THROUGH IT!

I have conquered so many things in my life that losing the weight should be easy...notice the should!

No comments:

Post a Comment